The Role and Opportunity
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Search Experience team is looking for passionate, self-motivated, and top-notch software engineers to join our team to build and manage world class Search Experiences on Native Android platform. The team is on the mission of transforming the way search is done on eBay Platform. We are building an engaging search experience for millions of customers daily and generating billions of dollars in annual revenue. As the Lead Android Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of our native technology stack. In this process, you will work closely with other engineering, design, and product management teams, to both deliver on the roadmap and our plan for the future.
Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what’s best for the long-term health of our applications and what’s best for the customer. You are a huge proponent of Test Driven Development, and will advocate and hold engineers accountable for following this pattern rigorously.
- Work with key partners in the PM, Design and Engineering Managers to architect simple, reliable and elegant Android application
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies
- Deep understanding of design patterns, and experience working in a layered architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required communication
- Be a culture champion on the team and across the company
- 5 + years of hands-on experience working with large-scale native development.
- Strong experience in developing large scale Android applications using Java or Kotlin
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Experience and in build products with full stack technologies, with excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous delivery)
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.