At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. As the world’s most trusted ticket marketplace, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever and wherever fans want to be.
We are richly diverse and embrace our unique contributions and individual differences. We live life passionately. We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people with the teams, artists and people they love. We're bold, inventive and are constantly upping our game! We want people who are fully dedicated to providing unique perspectives and are passionate about providing the most memorable experiences for our fans.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
As an Android Engineer at StubHub, you will be responsible for building and launching products and features that propel the next wave of StubHub’s growth. You’ll get to move quickly, iterate via experimentation, and work autonomously while making an impact at massive scale.
The ideal candidate is someone who is product driven. While you care deeply about crafting clean, extensible code or are an advocate for test driven development, it’s all in service of creating software that people use. In the end what matters to you most is working with a strong team to build great software that delights customers.
The candidates we’re looking for are both humble and fearless. Engineers on this team will need to work across multiple product areas. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who want to have a big impact. StubHub is a big brand with tremendous longevity. We provide a product and service that our customers love and have missed even more during COVID-19. Considering this, we are a relatively small, but mighty team.
● Build new products and features into the StubHub ecosystem by delivering consistently high-quality software with your team
● Create technical designs in response to business requirements
● Communicate and influence effectively with tech and non-tech stakeholders
● Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology
direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes
● Experience building native applications for Android, with an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
● Solid understanding of Android SDK and mobile application architecture(MVP, MVVM)
● Experience in Kotlin.
● Familiarity with Jetpack libraries, including Jetpack Compose, and
dependency injection framework like Dagger/Hilt.
● Strong understanding of design patterns and clean architecture.
● An ownership mindset – from the whiteboard to production, we own the
systems and features we’re building.
● A passion for building products – you care as much about what you’re
building as how you’re building it.
● Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
● Experience with agile development methodologies like Scrum or Kanban.
● Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery
● Experience with GraphQL and RESTful APIs is a plus.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel StubHub is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
StubHub is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: