Looking to make an impact on the future of global commerce? Do you want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and engage around the world?
The Search Ranking and Monetization Team is the biggest contributor to eBay’s advertising program. We innovate at the heart of e-commerce search and advertising, with the ambitious goal of redefining e-commerce advertising. We craft optimized experiences for buyers and sellers on eBay. We innovate rapidly in this space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals.
We are looking for stellar applied researchers to join us and build the next generation of online advertising products in eBay search. If you enjoy the scale and technical complexity of advertising and want to be at the frontier of applied research in advertising in e-commerce, join now. Help us redefine advertising at eBay.
- Seek scientifically valid solutions that deliver real value to eBay customers
- Build machine learning models and data pipelines to deliver insightful yet practical solutions
- Work with multiple teams to help promote standard scientific methodologies and processes in your field
- Present key technical and novel research work in public forums and conferences
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 1-3 years (with PhD) or 3-5 years (with MS) of industrial experience in a related field
- Industrial experience with one or more of the following: classification, regression, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems, fraud detection, online advertising, or related
- Experience in big data processing, e.g. Hadoop, SQL, Spark
- Experience with Python or R, and Java or Scala or C/C++
- 2 or more related publications in quality conferences or journals
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement