Architect - Payment
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
eBay Payments inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - and Payments Technology is at the core of payments done well. Technology is evolving quickly with consumers demanding frictionless experiences more and more. We’re already starting to see the commerce industry being shaped by more seamless and automated payment experiences. That means a shift in how we authenticate payments.
The Payments Technology team is comprised of highly motivated, creative engineers tasked with leading this charge by shaping eBay’s managed payments technology, applying emerging technologies to help construct the safest, most seamless payment's network in the world. The Payment Architect will partner with internal teams to build a platform to support various areas including creating next-generation of checkout/payments experience, collecting seller fees, enabling hassle-free label printing and many others. The mission of team is to build world-class payment platform to delight our customers and enable eBay’s growing business in a connected commerce world.
- Define a technology strategy for Payment that combines long term investments and short term continuous delivery of business value.
- Prioritize higher risk technology investments, keeping current with academic and industry innovation.
- Collaborate with university research groups.
- Conceive, design and implement innovative systems and solutions to address complex business and technology problems. The solutions must be secure, resilient and performant. Build on eBay’s open-source presence by contributing solutions that solve well-known problems to the open-source community.
- Research, assess, recommend or develop technologies applied in the context of eBay’s Marketplace product requirements. Build prototypes and convince businesses of the benefits of the new technologies. Contribute to eBay’s patent portfolio.
- Deep subject matter expertise of concepts, products and technologies in one or more e-commerce domains with the ability to apply the expertise to set technical direction and drive improvements to our products.
- Provide Internal and External training and education which includes participation in external forums (developer conferences, tech conferences) as speakers.
- Provide hands-on technical and thought leadership across development, product management, operations and engineering management through effective communication. Actively develop mentoring relationships across teams to help engineers further their careers.
- Experience deploying artificial intelligence/machine learning in customer facing applications at massive scale.
- Proven track record of engineering excellence including continuous delivery of high quality, massively scaled, innovative software.
- Strong technical and product vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated background in modeling software systems and excellent programming skills
- Strong skills for verbal & written communication targeting technical and non-technical audiences.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously lead multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turnaround times.
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- Team player - work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environment.
- BS/MS in CS with 10 or more years in software engineering, design and architecture.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.