About eBay Classifieds Group
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than, 1000 cities around the world.
eCG is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun!
The Benelux business insights team is responsible for business analytics for the Dutch and Belgian businesses of eBay Classifieds. As a Business and Strategy Analyst, you engage with senior leadership and work across teams with financial analysts, business and product developers, product managers and marketeers to drive strategy and business planning. Based on data analysis, you deliver insights to your stakeholders.
You are an enthusiastic top performer who is able to crunch the numbers and critically think through strategic issues, advanced modeling parts and take product solutions to the next phase. You have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively to delivering complex finding with the management team, as well as discuss possible product improvements with developers or marketing strategies with marketeers.
- Analyze data to get insights on trends, anomalies and opportunities and drive business decisions
- Gather market insights and translate them into impactful initiatives for our business teams
- Set-up, automate, maintain, and own dashboards and reporting structure for operational metrics and revenue streams of your focus area
- Use advanced modeling to gain understanding of the drivers of customer behavior
- Closely work together with the business teams and finance teams to define the key operational and financial metrics
- Construct and deliver clear, concise presentations of findings, key product and user performance metrics and management recommendations both in oral and written form
- Academic degree, preferably in a quantitative field like mathematics, econometrics, statistics etc.
- Very strong analytical, reporting and visualization skills
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills are a requirement. Experience with R, Python or similar is a plus
- Proven experience in working with large, multisource data sets and usage of analytics to drive business and product decisions and strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
- The skill to explain complicated analyses in a simple way to colleagues and management
- Experience with e-commerce and payments is a plus
- Ability to work in an agile and flexible environment where change is part of the day-to-day environment
- The attitude to go that extra mile when needed and celebrate success after achievements
What we offer:
- Dynamic teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism, and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eCG; in BNL, Europe and globally.
- A laptop, a phone policy, and very nice office facilities.
- A competitive salary, great benefits, and an excellent working environment.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.