We Empower People and Build Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
About the Team
The Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Business Development in building, leading and delivering the end to end acquisition pipeline to optimise the selection of brands and inventory on the eBay platform for customers.
Key interfaces include :
- Merchant Integration Solutions
- Category Leads
- Horizontal Trading
- Risk & Trust
This role will focus on supporting the Electrical & Media team, working across Appliances, Computing (laptops, desktops, etc.), Consumer Electronics (TVs, Audio, Smart home) and Entertainment (Books, Film and Music). Focusing one of our largest categories, this will play a key part in driving the growth of a high profile and innovative area for eBay.
- Very good insight of retail sector with knowledge across multiple categories.
- Good understanding of the marketplaces/platform market, its competitors and supporting businesses (i.e. listing management; integrators; logistics; customer services).
- Self-sufficient in use of self-serve reporting tools (e.g. Hive, DOMO, TTP report, Planning tool reports) & with the ability to derive insights from reports that drive business results
Business Development & Acquisition
- Experience in driving new acquisition opportunities, supporting overall business development strategy, within specific categories under exciting circumstances.
- Understanding across B2C/C2C promotional trading levers & tools (i.e. coupons, deals); traffic levers including owned/earned/ paid marketing, PR, and advertising channels; and buyer experience capabilities to scale new sellers, brands & partners sustainably.
- Experienced in the technical and commercial onboarding processes and considerations for sellers and brands joining online marketplaces.
- Constant evidence of interpreting customer needs and behaviours & use them to get the best/ most relevant offer to the buyer.
- Assess the seller onboarding experience in order to generate proposals that improve eBay platform features, risk & policy approach, and improve the overall simplification, speed, and retention of sellers/brands joining the platform.
- Manages performance against agreed KPI's
- Ability to build long term, trusted and productive internal relationships at all levels to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of strategic plans.
- Influencing, management & negotiating with external partners including service provider agencies supporting onboarding and scaling of new sellers and brands
You will have:
- Experience of successful sales, account management or business development roles within online retail environment including management of others (directly or indirectly)
- Ability to build, manage & execute a sales funnel/pipeline of ‘new to ebay’ sellers, brands and partners to successfully meet GMV targets by acquiring & scaling a constant stream of new inventory to the platform.
- Accomplished straight forward tasks without assistance. Has mastered most of the basic job duties
- Have gained exposure to some of the sophisticated tasks within the job function.
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with Senior/ Specialists on more sophisticated issues.
- Have a college degree or relevant training.
- The ability to apply negotiation skills with external businesses to build and maintain mutually beneficial commercial relations – with a deep understanding of brand, seller & partner needs, challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Can communicate effectively in large or small group settings
- Ability to make decisions that build general consensus amongst groups/individuals with different objectives, strategic agendas or priorities; using customer and performance data to rationalise choices and drive positive results for the overall business.
- Passionately understand the eBay customer, and drive a customer-first mind set across the business.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement