Founded in 1996, mobile.de reinvented the way of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new.
As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially-minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. Germany's largest online vehicle marketplace, with curiosity and drive at our hearts!
You will be joining or BusinessInsightsTeam and work together with a variety of partners from Analytics, Product & Tech, Data Warehouse and Business Teams who strive to make the online buying and selling processes for our users even more convenient and smoother.
The Business Insights team is a highly motivated, diverse and skilled team with different backgrounds from technology to business analysis. We are driven to bring the different data needs and sources of the company together to derive meaningful insights and recommendations for our company success!
This is an opportunity to have a huge impact on our Analytics and Data Teams by taking on the new role of a Business Intelligence Manager (d/f/m) who enables the Business Insights Team to efficiently and effectively conduct analyses and build analytics tools on the right data in the right infrastructure.
- You feel a strong responsibility to enable the different requirements of the strategic and embedded Analysts in our Business Insights team.
- You assemble analytical requirements, manage the integration into our cloud based and data warehouse solutions, conduct and supervise data modeling and understand tooling needs.
- You establish cross-company standards and solutions with a focus on the daily needs of our Analysts and integrate them together with your counterpart in our holistic Data Strategy Team. Together you make sure that business needs are met, and solutions are enabled end-to-end.
- Because of your solid understanding of how Business Insights/Analytics teams work, you are able to shape the strategy of the team regarding org setup, skill sets, present and future resources etc.
- Streamline processes and define standards regarding conduction of analysis, tooling, and dashboard & analysis output creation.
- Decide together with Data and Analytics Teams on data / analytics strategy, initiatives, and prioritization.
- Educate, train and support Business and Analytics partners to empower them to use data and tools in the best way for insights generation and decision making.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability as a Business Analyst / Business Intelligence Architect and a strong record of making the lives of Analysts easier. You understand how data is collected, analyzed, and utilized.
- Creative problem solver who approaches high-level data challenges with a clear eye on what is important and employ the right approaches / methods to fulfill the requirements of your various partners.
- Effective communicator who carefully listens to management, analysts, engineers and relevant staff to come up with the best data design, explaining complex concepts to non-Analytics colleagues.
- Experience with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Thoughtspot or similar.
- Background in data modeling is a plus as well as experience with Big Query, Redshift, Azure, Exasol or other cloud-based or in-memory analytical solutions.
- Your programming and tool skills include e.g. R, Python and Spark and you feel at ease with access to SQL and noSQL databases.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout eCG.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel mobile.den is a place where you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about us click here: https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com
People are the heart of the mobile.de and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement