Cross-border trade (CBT) on eBay sites, primarily on ebay.com (US site). Our mission is to supply competitive selection of items from Japanese merchants, to fulfill the demand of overseas buyers or “enthusiasts” seeking for unique items on eBay.
In this position, you will be reporting to the head of category management team. You will be responsible to provide leadership and strategic direction on your responsible product categories on eBay sites, primarily ebay.com (US site), to optimize CBT business growth for our sellers and the company.
You will be required to provide consultation services to sellers using analytical data, thorough knowledge of best selling practices on eBay, understanding of category market trends (domestic supply market & overseas demand). The job involves high engagement with sellers with regular phone calls, video meetings, visits, conducting seminar/webinars. Also requires planning & collaboration with external partners and consultants for outsourced services to support sellers.
- Define and implement business strategies in line with financial targets
- Manage strategic projects, track project performance and proactively evaluate situations, decisions and issues as they arise
- Identify and prioritize new ideas that maximize revenue streams based on four criteria: revenue impact, community impact, future scalability and required investments
- Lead the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, local market intelligence, product trends, customer shopping trends and the competitive landscape to assess growth opportunities and site enhancements
- Lead and strengthen relationships with sellers by developing expert understanding of sellers’ business operations and utilize insight to find opportunities for sellers’ growth, as well as for expanding eBay’s portfolio of sellers in line with the category strategy.
- Build strong internal partnerships ensuring the alignment of cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives, partnering with Customer Experience, Marketing & Operations, Corporate Functions.
- Deep understanding of online retailing best practices and experience employing tactics to gain market share and grow sales.
- Hold a bachelor or master’s degree
- Fluent in both Japanese and English, both written and spoken
- At least 5 years working in a commercial role in an online or technology business
- Possess a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms the strategy into action
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate, influence, communicate and motivate others
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and project management skills
- Comfortable with hands-on, and ability to multi-task in a lean and fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to frequent changes in priorities within a business environment that is fast paced and always pivoting.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.