Category Manager Comics & Collectibles: eBay US
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are looking for a Category Manager, Comics & Collectibles to join our Verticals team at eBay. Based remotely or in San Jose, CA, you will be a key contributor on the overall Collectibles team at eBay North America. If you are driven to win, have an ownership mindset, are able to build meaningful cross-functional relationships, and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you! It would be great if you also have a passion for, or some knowledge of, the Comics & Collectibles Industry. The collectibles category includes Disneyana, FUNKO, Bullion, Sports Memorabilia, Coins, and Stamps.
You will be in charge of:
- Drive and implement category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions)
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and niche community execution as it relates to the categories and our customers
- Monitor key metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer satisfaction, gross merchandise volume, etc.) and react to drive business
- Oversee performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers, and 3rd party partners
- Drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller satisfaction
- Lead platform feature ideation and adoption for best on-site experience
- Drive eBay onsite and offsite event planning with cross functional teams
- Develop and execute initiatives to fundamentally improve the user experience for buyers and sellers across Collectibles, Comics, Bullion, Sports Memorabilia.
eBay is already an industry leader in this sector but we are keen to take our business to the next level and need a passionate individual to help us do that. Please contact us if you are that person.
Profile and skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility as a business owner in an online retail or marketplace environment. Merchandising or Startup experience valued.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, ownership mindset to drive performance against agreed KPIs
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Effective at coordinating cross functional teams
- Ability to prioritize and adapt strategies to meet changing marketplace trends
- Experience influencing & negotiating with external stakeholders
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Experienced at negotiating win-win outcomes with third parties in complex negotiations
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Bonus = Passion for Comics with a broader interest in Collectibles/Bullion/Sports Memorabilia including experience in the space and/or relationships with key industry players
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement