About the team:
eBay is looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer to join our Cloud and Mobile Security Architecture team! The right candidate will have experience in large scale private and public cloud security design and implementation, including Hypervisor/VM architecture as well as containers (Kubernetes/Docker). eBay has several exciting cloud projects in progress and on the horizon, so we need someone able to work in a fast-paced tech environment and give your experience and ideas.
This role will be hands-on and support our cloud-related security architecture efforts across the eBay Inc. landscape. This of course includes the main ebay.com site, but also our numerous adjacency companies, IT functions, and incubator tech stacks. You will work within the larger Enterprise Security Architecture team within Global Information Security, and work with several other technology teams across eBay on a regular basis.
Responsibilities include contributing to security architectures, implementation of certain designs, participation in working groups, light coding duties, and documentation of solutions. You will also be asked to review other teams’ implementations against our standards and architectures.
- Highly technical experience with large server and application deployments on virtualization platforms.
- Expert level in application development/deployment methodologies, processes, and testing automation.
- Experienced with developing policy and operational processes to insure high availability and service of entire technology stack, from front-end web traffic to back-end big-data infrastructure
- Software development practices and technologies.
- Successful track record of building distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software
- Experience of building HA production-grade solutions on virtualized environment
- In-depth understanding of software development process, DevOps and CI/CD.
- Programmatic control of infrastructure elements (data model, API), integration frameworks and technologies (SP-style)
- Passion for and on-hands experience in automation
- Proven knowledge of Java and Python
- Strong understanding of application, sever, and network security.
- Hands-on experience with Open Source PaaS frameworks such as CloudFoundry, Cloudify, OpenShift
- Experience crafting solutions with technologies like: MSSQL, Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.
- Linux experience designing solutions with multiple distro’s (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, OpenVZ, VMware, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS, Google, and/or Azure cloud services.
- Experience building High-Availability or High Traffic infrastructure strongly preferred.
- Compute virtualization, expert level: (Openstack/KVM), Nexus1000v, proficient with DevOps application lifecycle development
- Solid understanding of cryptographic solutions, tools, and algorithms. Coding experience with crypto a plus.
- Strong understanding of SaaS and Application Workloads in context of Data Center Architecture design
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with services-oriented architecture and web services security
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and collaboration skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement