eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the business:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eCG already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We invite you to join us a Cloud Solutions Architect! You will be part of the newly built Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) team. CCoE is the main driver and force multiplier group behind eBay Classifieds Group’s public cloud adoption initiative. The team works like an internal consultancy, helping numerous teams to adopt cloud solutions, architect the best practices and acting as a glue for the eCG Cloud community. You will build technical relationships with eCG Product Development and SRE teams and operate as a trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their adoption journey.
Cloud Solutions Architects work on some of earth’s most popular marketplaces with exciting scalability challenges and complex business requirements. They liaise with teams both on greenfield work and modernization projects, they have a deep understanding of cloud offerings, and they are capable of matching the business and technical requirements with cloud offerings to accelerate business value delivery.
- BS or MS degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience in an IT-related domain.
- Background in any of the following areas: Cloud Architecture, Software Development, Data Engineering, DevOps.
- Deep understanding of the value proposition of cloud technologies and its impact on the software engineering industry.
- Experience in one or more modern programming languages (Java, Go, Python etc.)
- Experience with large scale cloud migrations.
- Experience coordinating cross-functional software engineering teams. Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Being comfortable with public speaking, preparing and facilitating internal training sessions, contributing to internal knowledge base and open source projects.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, consultation and organizational skills.
Cloud Solutions Architects typically have a diverse set of backgrounds and broad understanding of cloud offerings, but they specialize in certain areas, such as application modernisation, data engineering, cloud security and governance, infrastructure modernisation etc. We understand that it is hard for one person to be expert in all the technologies listed below. If you are excited about becoming part of the cloud adoption initiative at eCG, even though you do not meet some of the criteria below, please feel free to apply!
- Hands-on experience in software development using cloud computing platforms. (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Familiarity with some of the following:
- compute technologies: Kubernetes, Cloud Run, Google Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda
- data technologies: BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis
- databases and data products such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Cassandra.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement