eBay empowers economic opportunity for all by connecting over 170 million buyers with our worldwide network of sellers.
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you'll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you'll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding 25 years ago? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
As a Design Lead on the End-to-End Experience design team, you will engage with product leadership to identify customer problem areas, highlight opportunities, craft user experience strategies and present customer narratives to executives to ensure we are delivering the right experiences for eBay buyers and sellers holistically.
Design leaders at eBay design execute a vision for compelling products and customer experiences. We partner closely with multi-disciplinary contributors and leaders to bring new customer experiences to life and opportunistically improve our existing ones. We strive to deeply understand the needs of our customers. We pride ourselves for solving really big problems with design thinking and drive purposeful, relevant and measurable outcomes.About you
You are a systems problem solver with proven success at tackling design challenges that cut across a large ecosystem of features, platforms, and channels. You'll make sophisticated, appealing and useful proposals for user experiences that drive engagement and dedication to eBay.
Soft skills will also be incredibly important as you forge relationships across teams and across functions to help us all realize our future vision for eBay. You'll need persistent attention to detail as well as an eagerness to solve difficult design problems for products that may already be in flight.Responsibilities
- Build world-class, user-centered designs incorporating business requirements, product insights, customer needs and journeys
- Partner across organizational boundaries to connect product contributors to solve new customer problems end-to-end and make joint decisions
- Craft compelling narratives around customer problems and business initiatives and explain how your proposals meet those challenges
- Keep an eye on the competition, market trends, customer behavior and share insights with your team and leadership as appropriate
- Create conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes and high-level prototypes
- Effectively communicate your team's charter and goals within a complex global organization
- Leadership – Being self-starter, active listener and collaborator who values the opinions of others but can also drive consensus towards simple solutions that meet user and business needs gracefully
- Communication – Having strong verbal, written, visual and in-person presentation skills with a verbal and written proficiency of English in order to present user flows and high-level designs to partners remotely and in person
- Hands-on design – Proven ability to build conceptual diagrams, experience maps and user flows; familiarity with design system patterns and primitives implementation
- Confidence – Proficiency in clearly articulating UCD solutions and design decisions, understanding business requirements, and collaborating with executive leadership frequently
- 8+ years of experience as a user experience designer, strategist, lead or similar role
- Proven experience in user experience design, service design, information architecture, interaction or visual design
- A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and includes your process, design explorations and final work
- Able to work independently, manage uncertainty and switch between discovery and design tracks in a single conversation
- Bachelor's degree in a user experience design-related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototyping, user research, motion design, design sprints
- Experience designing for small business, branded, retail or transactional products for web, iOS and Android
- Experience with Figma or equivalent design app, and presentation apps
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.