We are looking for an outstanding Director, Product Management to help redefine messaging at eBay, impacting millions of people and billions of messages each year.
eBay is a global commerce leader where you can influence how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding twenty five years ago. Here, you can be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We seek people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
- Own and drive the long term vision, strategy and execution for the portfolio of member-to-member communications products
- Create a prioritized multi-year defensible Product strategy tailored to eBay’s Seller/Buyer portfolio
- Synthesize short and long term product capabilities from cross-functional teams across Buyer/Seller teams and maintain a groomed, prioritized backlog
- Drive strategy creation, execution, stakeholder communication across leadership audiences.
- Partner closely with Product Analytics team to collect data insights to define and measure impact
- Monitor industry trends in emerging trends in conjunction with cross-functional partners to identify new product opportunities
- Coach, mentor and build a high performance team by providing effective, timely feedback and learning opportunities
- The ideal candidate for this role will be a cross between a Product guru, proven strategy contributor and an excellent people manager
- Minimum of 15 years of Product Management experience
- Masters degree, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience as a people manager with demonstrated ability to build and grow motivated, effective teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment using a data-driven and analytical approach.
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects across cross-functional, distributed teams and multiple client groups
- Experience with product development lifecycle, process flows and working in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to influence senior management (Director, VP+) across different organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation of concepts with collateral (slides, white papers and documents) with a clear storyline and narrative
- Ability to articulate and present everything from early concepts to full product launch plans to your team, as well as to external and executive audiences and defend your POV in the face of disagreement
- Standout colleague with empathy for our customers (both internal and external) and desire to understand their needs, wants and concerns
- Ability to influence both Product and Engineering teams outside of their own organization
- Self-starter with the ability to present/assert/pursue independent ideas and drive them to execution with minimal oversight; think strategically and execute incrementally
- Understand eBay’s unique value proposition and employ a combination of scrappy and long-range strategies to achieve goals
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day! We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.