eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and expansive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our team oversees all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organisation.
The Finance Analyst – International Customer Service is responsible for ensuring that business decisions are appropriately based on accurate and reliable metrics and financial information. You will drive cost awareness and efficiency of the Global Customer Experience (“GCX”) teams based predominantly in Dublin, Berlin, and Shanghai, whose mission is to help eBay’s customers and resolve their problems in the quickest, simplest, easiest, and most efficient way possible…while making them feel phenomenal about eBay along the way!
- Finance Analyst for International Service Delivery ("SD"). Includes monthly forecasting, annual budgeting, and ad-hoc project support
- Responsible for the execution of the monthly financial close, journal entries, accurate financial reporting of expenses, and the hiring plans for all the regional functions
- Drive analysis of cost trends and articulate related cause and effect to SD managers
- Organise, interrogate large quantities of data, and draw out valuable insights by using Excel, SQL, R and Tableau
- Work with Capacity Planning, Partner Management, and SD leaders to align monthly and quarterly spend
- Be an active business partner who helps guide decisions and resource allocations by providing a deep understanding of return on investments on business decisions: ability to draw out insights and challenge based on trends and variance analysis
- Continuously find opportunities to automate and streamline processes to increase efficiency and accuracy in the operational planning processes
- Provide insightful and impactful monthly reports comparing actual trends against budget and forecast assumptions
- Build presentation content for Monthly Business Review of key metrics and expense drivers
- Partner management: Assist in the development of Business Strategy and maintain a high level of communication with eBay Leadership, including facilitating meetings and communicating analyses
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or STEM (Masters preferred)
- 2-4 years of financial analytical experience in a large tech / eCommerce / multinational company
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record to partner with all functions and levels within the organization
- Experience using any of SQL / Tableau / R / Python is vital
- Strong MS Excel command
- Passionate about business and eCommerce
- Ability to present and drive decision-making at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver workload on target
- Ability to perform in a matrix organization with a high degree of complexity and ambiguity
- Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) preferred
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/ (https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/)
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.