Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. We deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in Ireland, UK, Germany, and Shanghai.
The Finance Analyst – International Customer Service is responsible for ensuring that business decisions are appropriately based on accurate and reliable metrics and financial information. You will drive cost awareness and efficiency of the Global Customer Experience ("GCX") teams based predominantly in Dublin, Berlin, and Shanghai, whose mission is to help eBay’s customers and tackle their problems in the quickest, simplest, easiest, and most cost-effective way possible…while making them feel great about eBay along the way.
- Finance Analyst for International Service Delivery ("SD"). Includes monthly forecasting, annual budgeting, and ad-hoc project support
- Responsible for the execution of the monthly financial close, journal entries, accurate financial reporting of expenses, and the hiring plans for all the regional functions
- Drive analysis of cost trends and articulate related cause and effect to SD managers
- Partnering with Capacity Planning, Partner Management, and SD leaders to align monthly and quarterly spend
- Be an active business partner who helps guide decisions and resource allocations by providing a deep understanding of return on investments on business decisions: ability to draw out insights and challenge based on trends and variance analysis
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate and streamline processes to increase efficiency and accuracy in the operational planning processes
- Provide insightful and actionable monthly reports comparing actual trends against budget and forecast assumptions
- Build presentation content for Monthly Business Review of key metrics and expense drivers
- Assist in the development of Business Strategy and maintain a high level of communication with eBay Leadership, including facilitating meetings and presenting analyses
- Organize, interrogate large quantities of data, and draw out valuable insights by using Excel, SQL, and Tableau
Experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or STEM (Masters preferred)
- Passionate about business and eCommerce
- 2-4 years of finance experience with exposure to various areas (business analysis, accounting, FP&A, etc.) and functions (esp. operations)
- Strong MS Excel command
- Ability to present and drive decision-making at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to partner effectively with all functions and levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver on tight timelines
- Ability to perform in a matrix organization with a high degree of complexity and ambiguity
- Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) preferred
- Exposure to analytics (any of SQL/Tableau/R/Python) preferred
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement