Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The candidate will ensure business decisions are appropriately based on accurate and reliable metrics and financial information. They'll help drive cost awareness and efficiency within the Corporate Functions operations.
- Finance support analyst for Corporate Functions, which includes monthly forecasting, annual budgeting, and ad-hoc support
- Partnering with functional leaders, corporate FP&A, and corporate controllership to align and report monthly and quarterly spend
- Drive analysis of cost trends and articulate related cause and effect business partners
- Responsible for the monthly financial close, journal entries, accurate financial reporting of expenses, and the hiring plans for all of the regional functions
- Financial planning and reporting (strategic long term planning, gap analysis)
- Continuously find opportunities to automate and streamline processes to reduce cycle time and churn in all operations planning processes
- Provide monthly reports comparing actual trends against budget and forecast assumptions by function
- Build presentation content for Monthly Business Review of key metrics and expense drivers
- Assist in project based initiatives to drive operating efficiencies across finance functions
- Work closely with the eBay Corporate Controllership team to monitor compliance with GAAP
Experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Passionate about business and the related performance
- 1-3 years of finance experience with exposure to different areas (business analysis, accounting, FP&A, etc.)
- Experience with financial systems such as SAP BPC, SAP BW, etc.
- Ability to present and impact decision making at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record to partner effectively with all functions and levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight timelines
- Ability to perform in a matrix organization with multiple partners with a high degree of complexity and ambiguity
- The ideal candidate will have outstanding technical skills with spreadsheets, presentations, along with proven financial analysis capabilities
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.