Job Description Summary
The German Commercial Under Writing Teammate is required to work through several pre-determined queues to identify potential loss and take appropriate action for eBay.
This position requires an outbound investigative effort to be performed in order to produce quantifiable results.
- Responsible for working filters, appeals, internal escalations and other transactions on a daily basis
- Effectively identify problems and issues by performing relevant research using the appropriate tools
- Analyze account history and trends to make sure appropriate limitation/suspension decision is made on each account and transaction
- Communicate effectively and concisely with merchants, acquires and issuer as well as account managers in pursuit of resolution on cases in written form (when required) without spelling or grammatical errors and verbally interacting (when required) on a professional, mature level even in adverse situations while maintaining a high level of quality
- On-board and manage growth of merchants through review of eBay accounts to determine the exposure of the account(s) and account holder and any additional associated risk.
- Continually monitor cases to identify trends and notify management of information gleaned from that activity
- Provide feedback to management regarding necessary changes and updates; including policies, upgrades, and customer care issues
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude while meeting productivity, quality and financial goals
- Continually display initiative to take on additional responsibilities toward professional growth
- Conduct conference calls between merchants and account managers
- Fluent German is required
- Experience in risk/fraud is required
- Customer communication experience (E-mail & Phone)
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to make difficult decisions in high-pressure situations and back them up with clear documentation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to learn and adapt to tool changes and updates
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and email
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Willingness to take responsibility in decision-making for high profile cases
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research. Able to work under general supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers and peers
- Must work well in a fast-paced, project-based environment
What we offer?
- A team that helps to shape the shopping experience of the future
- An encouraging environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn
- We are the European Headquarters based in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, only 15 minutes from the fast-growing Dublin City – a subsidised bus service is provided
- We provide benefits which ensure you are well taken care of with quality health and wellness programs including free site gym!
- Quarterly Bonus Plan
- Discounted Express Bus City Centre - eBay
- 25 days Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Healthcare Plan
- Life Assurance
- Pension Plan
- Discounted Canteen
- Free Gym
- Sabbatical every 5 years…. plus lots more!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.