eBay Classifieds Scandinavia is recruiting for a Head of Product, a key leadership role in our growing business. We operate the number one generalist marketplace (DBA) and motors marketplace (Bilbasen) in Denmark. We also operate Bilinfo, the leading b2b motors sales tool in Denmark.
DBA has more 2 million monthly users. The simple format of DBA makes it exceptionally easy for users to buy or sell just about anything from smartphones, design furniture, branded kid’s clothing or even finding the perfect house or flat anywhere in Denmark.
BilBasen attracts more than 650,000 visitors each month. With over 300,000 cars for sale on Bilbasen every year, the platform offers everything a vehicle buyer, seller or petrol head needs. This includes video ads, the most popular Danish motoring content with daily updates, videos and discussions, plus state of the art mobile apps.
About the team:
Classifieds is crafting the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
About the Role:
We are looking for an outstanding senior product leader to help us deliver on our mission of building Denmark's strong trading ecosystem.
You'll be leading our team of product managers and the product experience team who are defining & designing the services and capabilities that power our product today, and in the future.
What You'll Bring:
- Forward-thinking in anticipating the intersection of technology advancements, customer preferences, and business outcomes.
- Ability to start with the business strategy and develop a product approach that builds extensible products & services that enable a range of future opportunities.
- Ability to drive organizational change, balance business requirements with technology initiatives, provide product leadership and lead execution on critical initiatives.
- Outstanding communication skills with global & diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Deep product development expertise, for example in building trust in platforms & between users or facilitating transactions.
- Solid understanding of enterprise platforms (e.g. APIs and microservices)
- Demonstrable leadership skills and an ability to lead, develop and motivate a diverse team of PMs, designers and software engineers.
- Above all, we want our team to be energized by your leadership and motivated by how you help them think through exciting problems and grow their skills & knowledge base!
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, forward-thinking company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
People are the heart of theour businessand their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to follow local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
DBA & Bilbasen are part of the eBay Classifieds Group
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel DBA is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here:https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement