Everyone in the Netherlands has a Marktplaats story – about how they got a great deal or met some interesting people. They have made Marktplaats the most popular site in the Netherlands.
On an average day, Marktplaats handles over 1 million visitors and 350.000 new advertisements. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to improve the experience for our users.
We are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will work on high-availability servers, improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team and technologies. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats and eBay.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international work environment with self-organised teams
- The opportunity to work on one of the most used and well liked apps in the Netherlands
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Marktplaats and across eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like DevOps, Data engineering, mobile development, and others
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
- Be part of a highly interactive Agile team (Kanban, Lean Startup, Lean Software, ScrumBan, XP)
- Participate in Pair Programming
- Practice Test Driven Development
- A focus on Continuous Improvement in everything we do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build a Marktplaats iOS native app which customers love
- Write unit tests which verify the app in a Continuous Deployment process
- Be a key team member in development and design of new projects
- Coach of junior and medior developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development)
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
- Work with your international counterparts across the worldwide eBay Classifieds Group
You should be an expert in software engineering and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems. The person we are looking for has a demonstrable 6+ years of full-time employment and at least three years creating Objective C or Swift development. We also believe that to be a well-rounded developer, you need experience with more than just one programming language. Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to take a leading role in improving how we work.
What we expect from you:
- iOS native app development using Objective C and Swift
- Experience of using Rest APIs
- Agile methodologies
- Affinity for e-Commerce
- Building great products
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
Preferably you have a degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic.
Background checks are part of the hiring process.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement