eBay is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world with more than 1.6 billion live listings. eBay Motors is looking to redefine the way people buy / sell Auto Parts and Accessories digitally.
We’re looking for talent to take the complexity out buying / selling Auto Parts and Accessories by using mobile technologies, machine learning, and catalog to build simple and sophisticated customer experiences. We’re also looking at a natural extension to the Vehicles and Business & Industrial verticals which is a multi-billion dollar industry that is ripe for innovation for online and e-commerce solutions and eBay is rightfully positioned to take over this market. If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Leading a group of peers in the delivery of modern APIs
- Understanding existing architecture and disseminating information to peers while updating and growing the portfolio of eBay services
- Hands-on coding
- Work with Developers, Architecture, Product Management, Quality, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and consistency to development principles and product goals
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and roll out system changes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive issue resolution and root cause identification with the various teams
- Engage Product and UX about technical implications of product ideas
- Find a balance between short-term delivery and long-term scalability goals, let cost-benefit ratio be a driver for all your actions
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by taking on tech debt, conducting code reviews, initiating refactoring and improving build and test systems
- 8+ years of Software Design and Development experience working on performant web services
- 6+ years developing REST APIs
- 6+ years of Node.js/Java experience
- Experience consuming an array of web services: XML / SOAP / JSON
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Familiarity with OpenAPI / Swagger, Continuous Integration solutions, OAuth, git, and JIRA, npm tasks, linting tools
- Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL databases
- Experience with other object-oriented languages like Java/Ruby/Python
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement