eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and how small businesses can grow in a Marketplace. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 25 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping buyer and sellers trade on Marketplace to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
The NA Marketing analytics team, sits within the NA Finance and Analytics organization. The core function of the team is to enable NA CFO and other leaders with data driven insights on the ROI, trade-offs and opportunity of various Marketing Investments. The key questions being – What are the invested marketing dollar across various channels delivering for eBay, where should we place our next $1 to get the maximum return on investment, how should we spend to align our Marketing spend with overall strategy etc.
We are looking to hire a strong Analytics Manager to support the NA Marketing analytics team, based in San Jose, US.
As an Analytics Manager in this team you will:
- Design, build and use models to estimate return on investment for various marketing investments (Coupons, eBay Loyalty etc.), including Buyer CLV prediction/estimation
- Monitor and apprise leadership including NA CFO on the performance of Regional Investments and strategies
- Work with Finance colleagues to incorporate analytics insights and approaches into finance processes (forecasting, planning, investor communication).
- Share insights and recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner. Translate advanced analytics approaches for non-technical audiences.
- Coach partners and stakeholders to activate Marketing analytics insights and recommendations
- Connect with broader eBay analytics community to leverage their expertise and to help improve analytics at eBay
- - Passionate about inspiring change through data driven insights.
- - Sound business judgment and quantitative analytic ability.
- - Strong communication skills and experience distilling and presenting complex quantitative analysis.
- - Good Excel and PowerPoint skills, experience with database query tools utilizing SQL and a basic understanding of data warehouse architecture are required
- - Knowledge and experience of using data science techniques and statistical analysis
- - Strong interpersonal skills including ability to present insights and recommendations persuasively.
- - Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
- - Finally, but crucially: A passion for eBay, either existing or nascent. We are an outstanding company, and are looking for people who get excited by our fascinating marketplace & outstanding business opportunities.
- - Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business analytics or Bachelors in engineering, Quant. Sciences, statistics, Econometrics
- Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement