eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are hiring a Manager, TechOps Bugs & Tech Issues to lead our global customer experience tech Operations team. This role works closely with Global Product Development Teams and Site Operations to resolve open bugs and communicates high impact/mission critical issues to leadership and GCX (global customer experience) teamsRole Description:
- Lead a global team and optimise Triage and critical issue of all reported CS Applications and eBay Site Bugs & Tech issues to minimise impact on contact centres & customers
- Drive Site Bugs Operational Efficiency for teammates driving less time filing bugs, visibility into open issues, integrated ticketing and close feedback loop.
- Optimised Bug Management process
- Manage & Train a highly effective international team
- Ensure turnovers to next shift to ensure continuity for bug resolution
- Set up playbooks & process for Knowledgebase Audits, Quality & knowledge creation within the team
- Drive automation for consistency & efficiency
- Regular sync ups with business partners Global Service Design & Partner management - Reviewing & Prioritising Current bugs/urgent topics; Discuss any Silent sufferings (issues that are happening but are not reported)
- Teammate Coaching; New Hire Training on technical Issues; Discuss any other GSD or WFO needs
- Reporting for internal & external metrics & key drivers
- Quality & Productivity Analysis of the team’s work
- Lead new Projects Intake to support optimal including team training
- Drive Effective support of the strategic multi-year Payments Initiative – including ramps and rollout to new sites.
- Demonstrates an outstanding customer centricity, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
- Extensive customer service domain experience, technical background and ability to provide leadership to the team
- Background and experience in a Technical Operations leadership role
- Your background will include successful collaboration in multi-functional teams to deliver products of excellent quality which achieve business goals.
- You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think innovatively and contribute to the success of the products, processes and customer experience
- Proven experience in software development /quality engineering
- Experience with automation tools is a plus. Quality Assurance background is appreciated
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills
- GitHub and JIRA experience
- Certification & Experience with ITIL
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.