We are looking for a strong experienced senior frontend Engineer to work in the product development team, who is responsible for handling Buyer experience in eBay marketplace. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely hardworking peers in a fun environment. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering perfection.Responsibilities
- As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will collaborate with extremely smart and proficient peers leading and designing web technologies.
- You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering perfection. As a technical lead you are expected to assess business problems, design optimal solutions and drive implementation to meet the business expectations.
- You will collaborate closely with peers, Architects, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Engineers, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet functional and non-functional standards and expectations.
- Though this role expects your mastery in Frontend development, you have to be comfortable with all the layers of multi-tier applications to design complete solutions and maintain products.
- As a lead engineer, you will guide junior and senior engineers in your team and also across domain teams in building scalable, high speed, distributed applications and advocate for meeting the design and quality standards.
- You will contribute to the development, testing, release, triage, bug fix, documentation and rest of the cycles in product development and maintenance.
- As a senior member of the team, you should bring in new ideas to adapt to technological developments and build POCs to demonstrate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 8+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science plus 6+ years of hands-on experience in building large-scale distributed systems.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems scaling beyond 1B requests/day and focused on improving buyer experience at eBay.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Craft optimized CSS with LESS or SASS.
- Experienced in non-functional skills like Security, Accessibility, Site Speed optimization, Cross-browser /Cross-platform UX Design.
- Up to date knowledge in advancement in Web technologies and drive innovation; Propose and implement working prototypes for testing new ideas.
- Drive architecture discussions, produce well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews.
- Possess leadership qualities to guide, influence, effectively communicate to drive engineering excellence within the team.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, rollout system changes and support post production.
- Partner effectively and influence peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across eBay
- Share engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.