eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay.
About the team:
Core Technology (CT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay technology platform. This platform runs our entire infrastructure and all the services that come together to form ebay.com.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
We're looking for an experienced front-end software engineer to join our team which builds best-in-class front-end experiences for our sellers. You will be working on the next generation selling application of eBay, creating an alluring user experience, and providing new ways to manage and grow businesses for our seller community. Join us and create phenomenal and exciting new selling experiences for our customers!
What are we looking for?
- 6+ years of experience in developing high volume and highly interactive web applications that work across browsers
- Has a proven grasp and experience with MVC and OO design.
- Has the ability to craft service & database calls in a clean, efficient way
- Has experience using source control systems such as Git
- Is self-motivated and has the ability to get things done
- Has experience leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Has the ability to come up with innovative solutions to problems, while also thoroughly considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses tight-knit collaboration skills and ability to influence a cross-functional team to deliver results.
- Possesses strong leadership skills and has previously been in a leading role
- Is passionate about providing the best user experience possible for customers
- Having experience with MongoDB a plus.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement