Advertising on eBay is a key driver for our sellers to increase their selling velocity and a great growth opportunity for eBay. If you love cutting-edge Digital Advertising and Big Data technologies AND if you are passionate aboutbringing new ideas, energy, and dedication to improve Ads on eBay, please join the Ads team at eBay China Center of Excellence (CCOE).
We are looking for top-notch Software Development Engineers at all levels who could come and help us to build the best eCommerce Advertising Platform. People in the team are friendly, highly motivated, and extremely bright. Our team strives for a culture of professionalism, innovation, career growth, and fun. We will provide you with the best opportunity to work in a challenging, highly visible and fast paced environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Developing big data pipeline and machine-learning algorithms to provide sellers with actionable insights of their advertising campaigns and intelligently guide them to get the most benefits from eBay Advertising Platform.
- Developing big data pipeline and machine-learning algorithms to detect frauds on eBay Advertising Platform.
- Actively contributing to design, development, test of complex, multi-tier software applications running in a distributed environment.
- Working with other engineers, managers, designers, product managers to develop innovative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability while meeting realistic implementation schedules and adhering to development goals and principles
- Estimating engineering efforts, planning implementations and system changes
- Sharing release management duties during feature rollouts and sharing on-call responsibilities.
- Developing industry and product technical expertise.
- Proactively participating in maintaining team standards and best practices
- Understanding the broader business context around their area and provide intelligent solutions.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 5+ years’ work experience in software development area with at least 2+ years’ experience in Java programming, web development, big data or machine learning.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and capable of triaging and resolving critical tech issues without supervision.
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java and J2EE, including Spring
- Expertise in large scale distributed system design or big data processing applications design. Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes and Hadoop/HBase/Spark/Cassandra is a BIG plus
- Experience with digital advertising is a BIG plus.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement