- Design and implement projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams including Research, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Operations etc. to develop great software that meets market needs with respect to functionality, reliability, performance, scalability
- Track business impact of features on a regular basis, and rely on data to make informed decisions about future directions
- The usual engineer activities – scoping, prioritizing, planning, bug fixing, site rollout, documentation, having fun
- To succeed in this role you must be passionate about being a customer advocate and delivering high-quality designs and components that horizontally scale. You must be creative in solving hard problems in our high scale systems and unafraid to think out-of-the-box.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field like Mathematics
- Outstanding coding skills in Java, C++ or C# (will be primarily coding in Java)
- Great design and problem solving skills, passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale
- Experience in distributed systems, database technologies, online services is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment
- Demonstrated passion for learning from and implementing creative large-scale architectural patterns to turn business requirements into simple solutions
- Have a genuine love for technology, and a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to own and deliver projects of increasing technical complexity
- Focus on writing high quality code and demonstrated use of test automation to certify your code
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.