eBay China Center of Excellence is seeking an experienced senior software talent to join the Developer Experience and Platform Frameworks team. Our vision is to serve eBay Inc. needs for development experiences all across the globe. The team promotes developer agility via development frameworks, developer tools, and automated cloud-based solutions that deliver agility for our users and exceptional operational efficiency for the business (2000+ eBay site applications across Web, Service, Batch and Messaging with 300B+ traffic/day on 100K+ VMs/Containers).
The detailed responsibilities include:
- Work with other engineers, development managers, product managers and operation teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability while meeting realistic implementation schedules and adhering to development goals and principles.
- We work closely with cross functional teams (IaaS, PaaS, DB, Monitoring, SRE…), using our technical knowledge to provide adequate functionalities to eBay’s application platform and support Cloud Native PDLC.
- Conduct thorough research/investigation, raise appropriate proposals, estimate engineering efforts, plan implementations, and rollout system changes.
- Lead small team consisting of few engineers.
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts and share production support responsibilities.
- Deep understanding of Java, Spring/SpringBoot, Node.js and polyglot frameworks
- Understanding and strong experiences in build Developer tools that are simple to use, promote standardization/ reuse and make developers highly productive
- Skilled on bringing delightful user experiences in PaaS solutions for applications’ lifecycle management, esp. container-based experience.
- Experience working with Web apps, RESTful services, messaging applications and Batch applications.
- Strong ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated; promote transparency, be a Team player and have a “Can Do” attitude
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- A big plus of application security related working experience (secrets, keys, certificates, traffic limiting, bot detection/mitigation, etc.),
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement