Can you bring new ideas, energy, and dedication needed to improve searches on eBay? The world-class search engine at the heart of eBay serves billions of queries every day. The Search Platform/Science team is passionate about building the query services and relevance factors that will match the needs of our users to the products in the world's largest online marketplace, and we are looking for top-notch Software Engineers who could come and help us build & scale the next-gen data pipelines platforms implemented for the Search Science team,. Our stack will power pipelines for Machine Learned Ranking (MLR) models and factors, Best Match Profiles, Demand data dictionaries, Recommendation and Spellcheck dictionaries, Search Suggestions, Search Guidance, Price Guidance, Auto Complete, and many more cool top-notch search Platform/science technologies.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented software engineer. As a member of the team, you'll build the exciting systems and services needed to fuel the next wave of Ebay's growth. You will collaborate with applied researchers, data engineers, product managers to implement end-to-end reliable, scalable, efficient production services in Python, Java, Scala or similar languages.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 7 years experience in software development, strong engineering skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Build high performance data platforms and services
- Work with data scientists, engineers, and cross-functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions.
- Lead and drive architecture design, execute and deliver development results
- Hands on engineering leader with deep understating of big data stack
- Experience in Scala, Python, Data Pipelines is a big plus
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with Scala, Kafka streaming, KV stores are highly desirable
- Hands on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with large data sets and related technologies, e.g., Hadoop and Spark
- Contribution to the architecture and design (reliability and scaling) of production data platforms
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms. Strong programming skills in Java, Scala or Python,
- Minimum 7+ years in software development
- Agility to adapt to emerging challenges and execute under ambiguity
- Strong communication skills.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement