eBay is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world with more than 1.6 billion live listings. eBay Motors is looking to redefine the way people buy / sell Auto Parts and Accessories digitally. We’re looking for talent to take the complexity out buying / selling Auto Parts and Accessories by using mobile technologies, machine learning, and catalog to build simple and elegant customer experiences. We’re also looking at a natural extension to the Vehicles and Business & Industrial verticals which is a multi-billion dollar industry that is ripe for innovation for online and ecommerce solutions and eBay is rightfully positioned to take over this market.
We are seeking Full Stack Software Engineers (70/30% Back end to front end) who are passionate about utilizing the latest technologies to bring our eBay Motors business forward with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and reliability. The candidate will work closely with Product Management, Architects and the Operations teams. If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Build highly available, scalable user facing applications and RESTful APIs
- Build, test, and deploy your code in a continuous manner
- Execute as part of a multi-functional Agile team that rapidly delivers iterative value to customers
- Excellent knowledge in practicing object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD), Proven Principles, design patterns, and software engineering methodologies
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment.
- Work with other engineering specialists, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and consistency to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Lead by example and share knowledge with the team.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes with implications for multi-functional teams.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field plus 7 years work experience or MS with 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong programming expertise and proficiency in object oriented programming concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software engineering methodologies.
- Experience building web and RESTFul applications
- Experience working with frameworks such as Spring MVC
- Knowledge of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
- Full stack experience developing in Scala/Python and working with Hadoop and related tools
- Code samples from private github repos, side projects, and open source project contributions is a plus
- Excellent decision-making, communication, collaboration, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
LI# - BB1Benefits:
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.