MTS1 Software Engineer, Payments Production Support
The Payment Tech Operations, Production Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and monitoring production activities on its Payments Platform. This is a large scale, full-cycle system support. The candidate will be joining a global, fast-paced environment, where cross-functional teamwork, high standards, and precise execution will be critical to their success. He/She will interact with a variety of teams such as Product Management, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Payment Operations, Optimization, System Operations, DBAs, Customer Service and others, and will serve as the functional and operational subject matter expert in the area of payments, billing, collections and financial postings. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, process-oriented, persistent, persuasive, willing to learn new systems/technologies and have both product development and production support background, in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage payment and invoicing processing activities within given SLA’s, ensuring stability and continuity of operations and adherence to all Sarbanes Oxley IT controls.
- Establish and manage daily, weekly, and monthly production workflows for the Payments system and deliver goals and objectives.
- Create Standard Operation Procedures working with the Product teams and effectively execute the SOPs for day to day Payment related activities and issue identification and resolutions
- Create effective controls and validations on the lifecycle of the Payment processing. Make monitoring and alerting solutions alert on symptoms and not on outages. Let’s find issues before our customers or partners do.
- Create Dashboards, Reports and Alerts using Reporting tools and data for checking the health of systems and ensuring the breakages are promptly detected
- Work daily with Production Supervisors and Managers for optimal efficiency, meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
- Communicate effectively with various organizations and Management when schedule adjustments and delays occur and come up with mitigation plans.
- Perform impact analysis on capacity and schedules relating to changing volumes and new projects in order to support efficient and timely delivery of all business needs.
- Perform first-level troubleshooting & coordinate resolution of production issues.
- Provide recommendations and guidance for performance tuning and optimization of our supporting systems;
- Perform or participate in periodic reviews, audits and updates to the hosting standards, process controls and technologies.
- Create and maintain documentation related to the production environment for new projects and ongoing issues.
- Support new product rollouts by providing appropriate time window & smoke testing.
- Support and execute month-end close activities; and be involved in other ad hoc projects.
- Strong analytical skills, results-oriented and effectiveness in problem solving;
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Ability to author technical specifications, presentations, and other documentation;
- Strong background and understanding of the UNIX operating system, as well as strong knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, Shell/Perl scripting and some experience in Java programming.
- Experience in using and creating Dashboards etc for logging and monitoring tools to improve observability across systems (e.g.Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch)
- Some experience with DW Applications such as Hadoop / Spark. Some working knowledge of Spark SQL, Hadoop is a plus.
- Some working experience with FiServ Frontier Application is a plus.
- Functional experience with any large scale Payment Systems
- Experience on workflow scheduling applications such as Automic (UC4) / CTRL M is a plus.
- Normally, you will work a standard 40-hour week. This role requires weekend & off-hour support of production activities based on an on-call schedule.
- Fluency in English is required.
- BS +8 yrs or MS +5 yrs
Our eBay DNA and Values
eBay DNA :
- Our Purpose : We empower people and create economic opportunity for all.
- Our Role in People’s Lives: A marketplace that brings people together to spark unexpected joy.
- Our strategic Vision : Become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of eBay.
eBay Values :
- We are Courageous x Be Bold, Confident, Nimble, Not Afraid to Take Risks
- We are Driven. x Relentless Focus on Customers,
- We Play to Win : Deliver on Time
- We are Inventive x Creative, Innovative, Obsessed with finding a better way
- We are Our Brand x We Buy, Sell & Give on eBay with passion for our Brand
- We are Richly Diverse x We value inclusion & diversity of Thought, Ideas, Talent & People
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.