We’re looking for smart, passionate and professional people who have experience testing online or digital products. We offer a fun, empowering and innovative work culture that is all about being focused on the customer and doing the right thing.
Our team aims to provide excellent quality engineering services. Yes, we do work hard. On the other hand work/life balance is very important to us, so we also make a great effort to accommodate people's personal lives. Helping and supporting the team should come naturally to you. Constant learning is an integral part of our culture. We aspire to be extraordinary at everything we do.
Scrum teams work on all screen sizes both on the web and native. Like everything else at eBay, we build scalable and highly-available systems for the millions of users that depend on us to conduct their businesses.
What you will do at ebay
- Design, develop, drive and deliver high-level test strategies, methodologies and take a hands-on approach to see that they are implemented timely and efficiently
- Testing mobile eBay native apps for different mobile products on smart phones - iPhone, iPad, or Android phones and tablets.
- Develop best in class test automation code for mobile applications.
- Conduct non functional testing, including accessibility, product app security, speed testing.
- Improve product and code testability
- Architect new environments and develop tools to improve efficiency of product development
- Voice support for quality of your product
- Collaborate with other functions including product management, product development, designers, business analysts and business users
- Lead projects and mentor engineers, providing technical guidance to the tea
- Participate in release planning, go/no-go meeting, organize bug bash & coordinate release processes
Technical & Testing Skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Swift, Java, Kotlin
- Experience in component or UI testing on XCTest or Espresso
- Experience with test on simulators and physical mobile devices - iPad, iPhone, Android phones and tablets
- Test modeling, test design and test reporting
- Solid understanding of QA methodologies and tools
- Experience with test planning, scoping, create and maintain automation tests
- Use tools like SOAP UI, Charles Proxy
- Debug web service layer related issues from front end layers
Soft & Interpersonal Skills
- Highly collaborative attitude and a phenomenal teammate
- Strong leadership skills
- Focus and attention on customer experience
- Quick learning ability to learn new things and independently. seeks areas of improvement for personal growth ”
- Self-driven demeanor: focuses and commits, proposes solutions and improvements
- Be proactive and engaged
- Strong communication skills both oral and in writing
- Prioritize well in a multi-project environment
- Analytical mindset and brilliant observer
- Effective negotiator with other teams/functions
- Sound approach to risk management
- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field, 10+ years of experinces
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement