About eBay, Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY)
eBay is a global commerce leader that includes Marketplace and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. eBay creates inspiring experiences for our buyers, sellers and developers. Embracing innovation has been a cornerstone of our growth and customer loyalty over the past 25 years -- encompassing technologies such as AI, computer vision, natural language processing and machine translation. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
eBay Payments inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - and Payments Technology is at the core of payments done well. Technology is evolving quickly with consumers demanding frictionless experiences more and more. We’re already starting to see the commerce industry being shaped by more seamless and automated payment experiences. That means a shift in how we authenticate payments.
The Payments Technology team is comprised of highly motivated, creative engineers tasked with leading this charge by shaping eBay’s managed payments technology, applying emerging technologies to help construct the safest, most seamless payment's network in the world.
Our vision is to build a secure, resilient, configurable and intelligent platform that supports rapid delivery, has deep operational capabilities and embraces open source
We are looking for hardworking, highly motivated, hands-on engineers who lead by example and embody engineering excellence. These high performing individuals have collaboration skills, desire to effect change and the ability to work across multiple commerce domains and software disciplines to achieve the Payments Technology team’s vision.
- You will be responsible for improving the way we develop and manage our products
- Solve complex challenges through scalable solutions
- Develop strategies for long-term reliability and maintainability of our platform and services
- Evaluate and leverage emerging technologies
- Deep subject matter expertise of concepts, products and technologies in one or more e-commerce domains with the ability to apply the expertise to set technical direction and drive improvements to our products.
- Provide hands-on technical and thought leadership across development, product management, operations and engineering management through effective communication. Actively develop mentoring relationships across teams to help engineers further their careers.
- Evangelist for driving technical excellence within the organization
- Computer Science Background
- 10+ years of experience
- Strong Developer - write production quality code
- 5+ years of experience with deploying and scaling applications on public cloud platforms
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building enterprise grade CI/CD pipelines
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously lead multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turnaround times.
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- Team player - work well independently and in a multi-group cross-discipline environment.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement