At eBay, we believe in being part of a purpose driven community dedicated to crafting a bold and versatile work environment. eBay encourages passion, courage and inventiveness - you will make a significant and positive contribution that will impact millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking to take your career to the next level, this is the place for you!
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well – and we are hiring curious, driven, and courageous experts to transform our business unit to enable eBay's next generation Payments strategy. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of our charter includes Risk Management Strategy, Product, Policy, Compliance, Decision Sciences, and Policy Operations.
eBay is looking for a Product Manager for the Compliance Risk team. This team is accountable for delivering on the Payments and Anti-money laundering solution space. Together with the team, this position will help design, shape, and drive product capabilities to improve eBay’s capabilities to stay in compliance with both AML/Sanctions and Payments compliance laws in line with global regulatory frameworks. You will be part of the Compliance Risk Team and will be instrumental in driving new capabilities to address ever-changing global Risk trends at eBay.What will this person do:
- Define product strategy and roadmap for systems tasked to detect and report AML/Sanctions at eBay
- Represent AML/Sanctions product to partners, legal, cross-functional product managers, and executives across eBay
- Partner with the AML/Sanctions business and legal counterparts in Policy, Data Sciences, Rule writers and Policy Ops to prioritize the backlog by actively soliciting and curating ideas from partners across the organization
- Co-lead the Agile scrum team with an engineering counterpart to deliver the product roadmap. Have to drive sprint planning, story prioritization, product backlog grooming with the scrum team.
- Contribute to technical design and architecture by challenging engineering to find innovative and efficient solutions. Champion product quality and recognize repeated failure points, driving preventative solutions.
- Identify risks and mitigation plans with development and quality engineering leads together with a plan for roll-back and business contingencies.
- Partner closely with Product Analytics team to collect data insights to measure improvements made to your products
- Be the product champion who provides an end to end view of customer experiences on Risk products and architecture to help communicate the value thereof to multiple audiences including product/business community & executives.
- Monitor industry trends and technology improvements to propose substantial improvements for the platform
- 2-4 years of Product Management experience with expertise in the area of AML/Sanctions and Risk and Payments Compliance in a marketplace or e-commerce context
- Proven track record of launching product solutions, at scale and globally
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Effective at decision making, navigating ambiguity and making tradeoffs
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment using a data-driven and analytical approach
- Experience with product development lifecycle, process flows and working in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and proven ability to influence senior management across different organizations
- Standout colleague with empathy for our customers (both internal and external) and desire to understand their needs, wants and concerns
- Ability to influence both Product and Engineering teams outside of their own organization
- Bachelor’s degree, MS/MBA preferred
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.