The Global Payments, Billing & Risk (GPBR) function at eBay works to ensure great experiences when buyers and sellers come together and engage in commerce on the biggest marketplace in the world. This involves comprehensively understanding Payments, Billing & Risks on platform. Identifying the opportunity areas and helping build scalable solutions to drive phenomenal user experience.
Analytics is critical for a data driven Risk function. Core analytics capabilities include the ability to instrument critical metrics, identify the landscape of the entire function, determine opportunities for improvement, work with product and payment providers to craft scalable solutions, and monitor their performance. We build this behavioral intelligence by exploring creative interpretations of existing and new sources of data, using sophisticated analytical techniques, and overlaying the appropriate strategies to deliver exceptional results.
We are multi-disciplinary with a broad spectrum of industry experiences and deep analytical and quantitative expertise. We are currently seeking a high energy, driven, collaborative team member that brings extensive problem-solving skills to further the goal of applying cutting-edge risk analytics, insights and visualization to drive the risk management roadmap.
The role is data and analytically intensive. Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic problem solvers, operational and execution driven facilitators, problem solvers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional and ideal for candidates who enjoy both defining and solving complex problems, while getting deeply involved in the classification domain and product partners. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development will also be essential as well as demonstration of exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative and integrity.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Analysis of both high-level and granular business trends
- Conduct analysis using SQL, Excel and other tools
- Structure and refine analysis with the goal of distilling insights from the data
- Build and manage processes that produce insights and information on a periodic basis
- Present analytical findings to senior management in order to guide decisions
- The role is both data-intensive and people-intensive. Successful candidates should demonstrate strong inter-personal skills, and be extremely comfortable working with large sets of data to derive business insights.
- The successful candidates should also be able to offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, and be able to work collaboratively with multiple teams, located in different geographies.
Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- Ability to take initiatives and drive work
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, in dealing with people at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic capability
- Experience in distilling and presenting complex quantitative analysis to business users
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth environment
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- A passion for understanding and serving the unique community of eBay
- 3-5 years of analytics work experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in SQL, SAS, R, Hadoop, Python, etc
- Experience creating dashboards in Tableau or other dashboarding tools
- Self-motivated, curious to understand/solve complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and above from top notch undergrad and grad schools.
- Degrees in quantitative areas (Stats, Math, CS, etc.) /MBA preferred.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/ #LI-KA1
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement