At eBay, you'll be a part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating a bold and versatile work environment. eBay Payments will give you the chance to be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and innovation. You will be part of our global commerce, and make positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are a curious and driven risk professional, looking to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you!
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for sellers and buyers, and that of millions of daily transactions. The scope of this role covers New & Young Seller Risk Management on Seller Risk Policy side. The main goal is to help achieve profitable growth of this segment within the risk guardrail, and identify opportunities to improve seller performance on portfolio level through seller lifecycle. You will play a critical role in refining account level risk rating, developing risk strategies for the application and adjustment of selling privileges, while keeping customer experience in mind.
You will report to the regional leader to support you on the regular development of the portfolio.
- Develop and implement risk scoring strategy for New & Young sellers, which will serve to enable initial listing and selling activities and enhance treatment including holds, payouts, and funds availability in general.
- Fraud loss prevention and mitigation from eBay perspective, and create best in class customer journeys for eBay sellers and buyers.
- Develop sustainable and scalable risk solutions to ensure the effectiveness, flexibility and consistency of our risk policy; track the performance of risk strategies and proactively seek opportunities for improvement.
- Work with risk horizontal teams to enable scalable global risk management policies through the seller lifecycle. Help define and integrate the New & Young seller risk management framework in the broader context of global seller risk.
- Build relationships with partners in product, engineering and marketing organizations to align goals, influence the prioritization and facilitate the implementation of important risk strategies.
- Deep understanding of risk management in multiple areas: user verification, account takeover behaviour and fraud strategy etc.
- Experience in both account level and portfolio level risk strategy development. Familiar with industry benchmarks and standard methodologies.
- Ability to communicate ideas succinctly and accurately; tailor your communication to a wide range of audiences; actively listening and good presentation skills.
- Proven success in working with cross-functional teams especially with timeline or resource constraints.
- Ability to define a problem out of ambiguity and reconcile conflicting goals across multiple functions. Have excellent problem solving skills, result-driven and resourceful.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Proficient in python. Experience with machine learning frameworks and models a plus.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement