eBay is seeking a dynamic and experienced developer with a strong localization background. We are looking for a developer that can work well in an agile environment whilst maintaining development standards within eBay's localization team.
To be successful in this role, you will need an outstanding blend of skills including thought leadership, creativity, technical knowledge, and desire to have an impact. We seek people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
- Design and implement features for our localization platform, which is an internal self service application that supports custom translation workflows.
- Partner with localization product managers, linguists, and program managers to understand their business needs and craft outstanding and efficient solutions.
- Identify and drive improvements in engineering practices to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency.
- Work with development teams across eBay to ensure that localization works flawlessly across a wide array of project types and file formats.
- Improving existing features and functionality across services.
- Collaborate by building API endpoints to allow integration between development teams.
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science and 6+ years of professional software development experience with experience in localization and globalization.
- Previous experience working on localization teams, building release automation, or working with content management systems that support multiple languages and locales is a must.
- Proficiency in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Java required).
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed system design (Kubernetes preferred)
- Hand-on experience in one or more industry-leading database platforms, preferably MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Strong familiarity with localization technology such as machine translation and post-editing processes is preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development.
- Proficient at working in Linux batch shell environment and experience resolving issues in a microservice-based application architecture..
Location & Travel:
The position is based in San Jose, California. Travel requirements will vary (mainly San Jose). Expect 10 - 15% travel.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement