About the job
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world. We are a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce. Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? Come join us.
The eBay Ads team is reinventing advertising at eBay! We are one of the fastest growing teams at eBay. We’re crafting innovative brand and seller solutions to optimize the ad monetization and experience on eBay. We are innovating rapidly in the ad-tech space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals. Read about some of our products and recent work here:
We are looking for an experienced New Ventures Senior Manager to join the Ads New Ventures team. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial leader who understands the changing world of eCommerce and the role advertising plays in it. They will be a creative problem solver and doer . They have the tried and proven capability to “see” opportunities amidst the fog and ambiguity of the e-commerce and advertising landscape. They are also able to lead initiatives to capture these opportunities and value for users and the business.
This role requires a high level of intellectual curiosity, strategic and analytical skills, a strong work ethic, interpersonal skills and ability to lead cross functional teams even without formal authority. They will research, design, test and launch new businesses within the commerce marketplaces Ads space. They excel in collaborating with, and influencing senior leaders. This role will report to the Head of Ads New Ventures.
- Lead the incubation of new ideas and businesses for eBay Ads, having the ability to think outside of the main lines of where eBay currently plays.
- Defining new business models and products to grow the eBay ecosystem.
- Analyze industry trends to develop viable strategies for seller sponsored advertising off-eBay.
- Implement the best build-buy-partner recommendation to launch the new businesses.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Understand and translate customer needs into products that achieve strong market fit
- Collaborate with our partners in Engineering, Marketing Science, Product Marketing and Operations, and perform comfortably under fast paced and often ambiguous conditions.
- Help the Product marketing team build the right narrative and positioning for customers
- Own workstreams within the quarterly and annual planning processes
- 7+ years of working experience in the internet technology industry
- A passion for building new businesses
- Previous product marketing and/or go-to-market experience, ideally in e-commerce and digital advertising (familiarity with concepts such as CPA, CPC, CPM etc.)
- Proven track record of leading large-scale projects in a product environment from ideation to full launch and maintenance
- Experience working in an end to end, cross functional environment with marketing, engineering, design, product, sales, ops, legal, finance etc, to deliver and bring new products/services to market
- Ability to deliver complex projects independently even under ambiguous circumstances
- Familiarity with highly matrixed and complex environments composed of both technical and non-technical coworkers
- Skilled in fact-based analysis, presentation, and interaction at the executive level.
- Ability to distill complex business issues and strategies into impactful insights and communicate recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Experience and expertise in strategy development and implementation including hypotheses development, modeling, project design and management
- BS/BA degree required. MBA degree preferred.
- Based in SF Bay Area CA, New York NY, Seattle WA or Portland OR. Or any other eBay US location.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement