Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly.1 We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, ambitious and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. We are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties—and a leader in helping people and communities find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We succeed because we behave like a dynamic startup and hire the best people.
Our office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood, right in the middle of Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Our technology team is the engine behind kijiji.ca and is charged with developing, testing, and operating one of the largest e-commerce sites in the country. We are a community of adept software engineers passionate about building large-scale web applications in an agile, multi-functional environment. We believe strongly in a culture of mentorship, support and mutual respect for all members of our team.
Are you driven, ambitious, and inventive? Do you like to have fun? We love that culture and strive to nurture it daily.Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Proven experience leading large scale migrations to the cloud
- Experience building, configuring, deploying, monitoring and maintaining instances of applications in a highly scalable, highly available enterprise environment
- Proficiency debugging infrastructure and application issues and tuning technology tiers for improved performance and resource management
- Improving our observability picture to simplify real-time troubleshooting by application engineers
- Coordinate priorities across application and infrastructure teams
- Experience working with virtualization technologies to provision and maintain cloud solutions
- Understanding of all aspects of a modern technology stack, including networking, OS, DB, and application servers in Cloud & Distributed systems
- Ability to be an SME for Systems & Application design
- Lead product and technology initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide the team on aspects of Site Reliability Engineering
- Understand the aspects and tradeoffs of scalability
- Be comfortable writing and deploying infrastructure and application code
- Docker (or other virtualization technologies)
- Puppet & Ansible
- Observability tools (Grafana, Prometheus, etc.)
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout eCG.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel Kijiji is a place where you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about us click here: https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com/kijijiCovid-19
People are the heart of Kijiji and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.Kijiji is a part of the eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.