Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.Responsibilities:
- Know how to build robust, fault-tolerant and highly scalable Web Services that support our global growth.
- Write, review and ship software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our services.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Actively contribute to create autonomy within product teams throughout tools and frameworks.
- Share on-call rotations together with Product Development.
- Strong experience with Public Cloud (preferred GCP)
- Strong hands-on experience with infrastructure automation tools and orchestrators (Terraform)
- Strong expertise with monitoring frameworks (Stackdriver, Prometheus)
- Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong Linux system-level analysis capabilities
- Programming experience.
- Experience in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Familiarity with running systems with a microservice-based architecture (Docker)
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Feel ownership over everything you ship. You pride yourself on operational excellence.
- Good on your own, but shine in a team.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience with Kubernates and Istio
- Experience withCassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch and MySQL
- Familiarity with Event Driven Architecture
- Experience with Nomad, Vault, Consul
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.