Are you looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you are interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Who are we?
We are the Buyer Growth team in the Buyer Experience Organization. Our team owns the Home page, Deals, Events, Personalization, My eBay, Global Navigation, Vertical Experiences, Growth Products, and various other engagement experiences. We drive billions of dollars in revenue via millions of page views delivered daily across the globe, across all devices & browsers. Our team is highly visible in the organization, has a direct business impact on eBay's top-line revenue, and has customer impact globally. What we work on here impacts the lives of millions every day.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will drive our technology stack forward to power next-gen eCommerce and push the barriers on scalability, availability, performance, and innovation. If you are looking for a challenge, then come and join us and help shape the new eBay!
What will you do?
- End to end Technical lead for high impact product initiatives
- Architect and implement scalable solutions meeting business needs
- Define technical direction for the team, along with new tech adoption and innovation
- Partner effectively with peers from cross-functional teams to build and deliver product solutions. Influence senior leadership within the organization and across eBay
- Mentor team members in technical design
- Develop domain expertise and apply that to solving product challenges
- 8+ years of software design and relevant experience
- Expertise in building large scale distributed systems and using open source technologies
- Execute with ease under ambiguity and adapt to new challenges. Have a constant desire to learn and improve
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals
- Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open-source platforms, frameworks, technologies, and software engineering methodologies
- Hands-on experience in Java, Web technologies, RESTful Services, Design Patterns, Databases, and Streaming technologies
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, and Kafka is a plus
- A proven results-oriented person with a delivery focused in a high fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, decision making, and influencing skills
- eCommerce experience is a plus
BS/Master’s Degree or Equivalent
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.