This opportunity is to work for one of the most exciting product development organizations in eBay. We support all seller activities on eBay and build critical technology that has an immediate impact on millions of eBay sellers throughout the world. We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is an expert in Java and/or Scala and/or Node related technologies, can lead product development and can work closely with the various business units, product management, architecture, operations and quality engineering teams, as well as third party software vendors. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter and a team player, a strong driver for results and continual improvement. He/she should be passionate about his/her work and has strong commitment towards eBay and its community.
- Define, design, and implement highly scalable, resilient and performant distributed systems.
- Work throughout all phases of the software development life cycle independently as well as work jointly with other team members.
- Collaborate with architects, product management, engineering, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions adherence to development goals and principles.
- Design applications, produce clear, well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews.
- Evangelize and communicate your design, methods, and results to a community of developers, analysts, and product managers.
- Strictly follow Definition of Done (DoD) process for better quality by maintaining over 80% unit test coverage and other release criteria standards.
- Responsible for engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site.
- 5+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, OOA/D and Functional programming
- 4+ years of experience in software development using Java, Scala, RESTful Web Services. Experience with NodeJS is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS, NoSQL data systems.
- 2+ years of experience in designing, and building highly scalable, fault tolerant distributed systems and services for large applications.
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focused in fast paced and dynamic environment. Must demonstrate a sense of ownership to plan, execute and drive the product deliverables to successful completion and be successful in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD.
- Ability to think innovative and contribute to the success of the products, processes and customer experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills.
- MS + 5 years of experience or bachelor’s degree (BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree) + 7 years of experience
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement