Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 25 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
Every day, millions of users sell and ship their wares using eBay. Our team supports this diverse community by building shipping and warehousing products around the globe, helping individual sellers and small businesses to meet the growing expectations of online buyers. We are a product-oriented team who move fast and stay curious. Join us to make an impact on one of the world’s largest e-commerce websites.
What you bring:
● Agile: Test-Driven Development, pair programming and continuous delivery are your preferred engineering practices? We’re mostly an XP shop and we take the best bits of Lean, Scrum and Kanban too.
● Architecture: In a large scale distributed web-application, you choose the right tool for the job at hand. You know when to break something out into a new component and the best way to wire it in, when to go with the simplest fit into the current system and when to rethink the existing approach.
● Full stack: you are confident working on a range of languages and frameworks and are happy to pick up new ones. You like working on established technology stacks as well as quickly changing platforms.
What we bring:
● Rewarding technical challenges - fixing eCommerce delivery requires solving difficult technical problems: building unified shipping platforms for diverse customers, iterating fast while providing the best customer experience, constantly improving our technology while dealing with the eBay volume is what we do best.
● Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!), right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of great food options nearby.
● Great company culture - we have a culture of respect and high expectations of others. We love sharing a drink in our Friday All Hands, play board games and enjoy free lunch on our demo day.
● Flexible working - really great support for working from home (we’ve got good video conferencing facilities) and great holiday package.
● Competitive salary and generous benefits.
What you'll do/learn:
● You will be a member of one of eBay's Shipping agile teams.
● Apply TDD/BDD and other agile practices on all the code you deliver.
● Constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing new tools and changing processes.
● Pair with team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and give/get constant feedback.
Previous experience on mature agile teams delivering continuously is a bonus.
People are at the heart of eBay and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisers to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, all teams in London are currently working remotely. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement