Shipping is one of eBay's core initiative responsible for delivering the world's greatest selection cheaply, conveniently and dependably. Shipping team is the driver for many key programs like
- eBay Plus: eBay's answer to Amazon prime in Germany.
- Click and Collect: Forming symbiotic relationships with other retailers (like Argos in UK, Woolworth in AU) to provide the ability to collect packages in time and place convenient to buyer.
- Global Shipping Program: Responsible for rapidly growing inventory to international buyers and seamlessly taking care of international shipping on behalf of sellers.
- Global Label and Tracking Platform: Partnering with carriers all over the world to provide postage (label printing, rates, payment) and tracking solutions to eBay sellers.
- Shipping Science: Uses big data and machine learning techniques to predict item's weight and dimension, simplifying the item listing flow for casual C2C sellers, predicts how soon a package will arrive powering key programs like Fast and Free.
Shipping Core Product and Technology domain is all based and operated from eBay's Seattle (Bellevue) center with full ownership and accountability, providing on-site long term sustained development and carrier growth. Shipping team works to address highly technical and real-world problems, with groundbreaking technologies, massively distributed environments, Big Data and machine learning that makes a real and immediate impact on one of the biggest social community of buyers and sellers. Shipping is powered by scalable and distributed services that integrate with whole of eBay (seller listing flow, Search, View Item detail, Cart/Checkout, post transaction selling view - label printing and tracking, returns, seller trust standards and marketing to name a few). This provides a real view on how the whole of eBay Product and Technology stack works.
We are looking for self-motivated and hardworking individuals to join us to work on new products that will evolve and grow the eBay Core Shipping Product and Technology team.
- Design and implement projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams including Research, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Operations etc. to develop phenomenal software that meets market needs with respect to functionality, reliability, performance, scalability
- Track business impact of features on a regular basis, and rely on data to make informed decisions about strategic directions
- The usual engineering activities - scoping, prioritizing, planning, bug fixing, site rollout, documentation, having fun
- Passionate about being a customer advocate and delivering high-quality designs and components that horizontally scale.
- Creative in solving hard problems in our high scale systems and unafraid to think out-of-the-box
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.