This opportunity is to work for Payments Group in eBay. We support all activities on eBay that require money movement and beyond. We build critical software that have immediate impacts on millions of eBay users throughout the world. We are seeking a top-tier software engineer who is passionate about utilizing the latest technologies to bring the best user experience to our customers. The candidate will work closely with the various business units, product management, architecture and operations as well as third party software vendors. The candidate is encouraged to be a self-starter and a standout colleague, a strong driver for results.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.Requirements:
- Design, develop and support projects throughout all phases of the software development process
- Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and consistency to development goals and principles
- Participate in all aspects of PDLC including requirement/design reviews as well as code reviews.
- Create testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring quality of the product
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Share release management duties on feature rollouts,
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Ability to think out of the box in solving real world problems.
- A portfolio or work samples demonstrating coding skills (e.g links to Github repository from open source contributions).
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Payments Industry experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience
- Masters degree with 8+ years of experience
Benefits are a crucial part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.