Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to help millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team
In eBay Stores, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world.
Technical expertise, curiosity, dedication, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science fundamentals, a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun.
We are seeking a strong frontend engineer with proven experience of developing rich web applications to millions of users to join our Seller Experience team. You will be responsible for architecture, design and delivery of critical seller facing features and use the standard methodologies in UI development.
- Collaborate closely with peers, Architects, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Engineers, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet functional and non-functional standards and expectations.
- Be involved in development, testing, release, triage, bug fix, documentation and work in an Agile environment. Use of tools like JIRA, Git, CICD and other internal eBay tools on a regular basis to prioritize work and deliver features.
- Deliver world class web experiences for sellers utilizing modern web technologies while maintaining high quality, reusability, performance and other front end standard methodologies.
- Though this role expects your mastery in Frontend development, you have to be comfortable with all the layers of multi-tier applications to design complete solutions and maintain products.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews and provide feedback to other engineers on the team.
- Estimate engineering efforts, roadmap planning and be responsible for operational processes, such as automation and controls, to help with efficiency and quality of both manual and technical operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus proven experience in building large-scale web based distributed systems.
- Solid CSS3 skills including layouts, media-queries, responsive design, gradients, transitions, positioning, flex, box models, floating and block elements, inlining, preprocessors etc.
- Hands on frontend testing skills using frameworks such as Mocha/Chai, use of mocks/spies/stubs, code coverage and CICD integrations.
- Must have solid understanding of defining REST based interfaces and have a good understanding of storage technologies (relational and NoSQL)
- Experience building drag and drop functionality, image editing, video upload capabilities, real time streaming is desirable
- Experience with social media integrations is desirable
- Familiarity with Security, Accessibility, Site Speed optimization, Cross-browser /Cross-platform UX Design is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.