Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building a results-oriented and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated, and top-notch software engineers to join our team to build and manage premier Risk Management System responsible for managing seller and buyer risk in eBay market place. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building world class risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
- Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- 10+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and Software Design
- Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies
- 7+ years of hands on software development experience in building large scale Web Services and Backend Applications using Java/J2EE, RESTful Web Services, HTTP and JSON technologies
- 5+ years of hands on experience in Unix/Linux and/or Windows environment
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focused in a high fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Storm etc. is a major plus.
- Experience in Node.JS, CubeJs, Oracle/ Mongodb (or other NOSQL db’s), REST, Event Source, Web Sockets, HTML5, CSS3, RWD, JQuery is a plus.
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git or Clearcase, issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Strong expertise in agile development.
- Risk domain expertise is a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that contributes to measurable business improvements.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent decision-making, communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement