Do you want to make an impact on one of the top tier e-commerce websites? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? Are you interested in building performance efficient, highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are the Seller Payments and Experience team in the eBay Payments Organization. Our team owns the Payments Clearing and Payouts, Seller Experience like Seller Hub Payments View across channels that includes Desktop, mobile web, Native apps, monthly statement reports and year-end 1099 reports. Being part of this team, you will be an integral member of a system that supports billions of dollars’ worth of money movement and various seller engagement products. What we work on here impacts the lives of millions of B2C/ C2C sellers across the globe every day. We are looking for a strong Principal Software Engineer who will drive our technology stack and push the barriers on scalability, availability, performance and innovation. You are encouraged to be a self-starter and a phenomenal teammate, a strong driver for results and solutions in the Payments domain. If you are interested to work in Payments domain or take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you!Requirements
- Develop solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large-scale database systems.
- Work with other engineers, Architects, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and alignment to development goals and principles
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project related team meetings
- Identify project risks and work efficient to mitigate them
- Build testing infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring quality of the product
- Share release management and technical support duties in a very time critical environment
- 7+ years of software design and meaningful experience
- Expertise in building large scale distributed systems and using open-source technologies
- Have a constant desire to learn and improve
- Proven foundation in computer science fundamentals
- Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open-source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies
- Hands-on experience in Java, Web technologies, RESTful Services, Design Patterns, Databases and Streaming technologies
- Experience in Node.JS, Event Source, Web Sockets, HTML5, CSS3, RWD, JQuery is desirable for a full stack engineer
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, and Kafka is a plus
- Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, decision making and influencing skills
- eCommerce and Payments Industry experience a plus experience is helpful but optional
- BS/Master’s Degree or Equivalent
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.