Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building a results-oriented and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. At eBay Risk engineering team, we are looking for engineers to deliver our next generation Risk Platform to support our new Payments strategy.
Building Payments and Risk for an e-commerce player like eBay is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we all are passionate about this journey. We are looking for a back-end lead software engineer to work on our Risk engineering team, which is responsible for handling seller and buyer risk in the eBay marketplace. As an ambitious and hardworking member of our team, you will work with very talented peers in a lively environment, building specialized risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
- Design and Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Lead and/orParticipate in engineering discussions, technical evaluations, design reviews, code reviews and other project discussions.
- Mentor junior engineers in the group and guide on scalable design and architecture
- Work with other engineers, Architects, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and alignment to development goals and principles.
- Identify project risks and work efficient to mitigate them
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to proactively solve product challenges.
- Expertise in building large scale distributed systems and using open-source technologies
- Have a constant desire to learn and improve
- Strong programming expertise and excellent knowledge in practicing object oriented programming concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software engineering methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, Web technologies (Json/HTML/HTTP), REST/SOA/Web Services, Python.
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git, issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS
- Experience with big data solutions such as NoSQL, Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic, etc. is a plus.
- Strong standout colleague who is innovative, with good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field with 10+ years of related experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field with 7+ years of demonstrated ability in the industry
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement