eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are looking for an experienced leader to manage our shipping & retail standards programs and partnerships for the Italian market, based in Milan.
You will be in charge of defining and implementing shipping and delivery services required to provide a phenomenal and trusted experience to buyers and sellers in the Italian market.
- Design and execute the shipping strategy for the region, with the aim of increasing the delivery standards for eBay marketplace
- Identify target services for buyers and sellers and be accountable for shipping services performance and KPIs
- Develop & lead partnerships with local and international logistics/shipping partners, including costs/SLAs and quality
- Gather business intelligence on competitor fulfilment strategies and generally stay abreast of latest thinking in shipping and logistics
- Build and execute go-to-market strategies to ensure adoption of services by buyers and sellers and own the associated adoption targets
- Work with internal product teams to implement and improve carrier services onsite
- Provide input into the regional/global shipping/retail standards forums
Profile and skills:
- Minimum 8 years experience in a logistics/shipping role (with exposure to ecommerce logistics)
- Knowledge of the Marketplaces environment is key
- Experience in partnerships management and business development with proven experience in leading complex negotiations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to distill sophisticated business issues to actionable insights & recommendations
- Analytical mindset – ability to master and understand data and to derive meaningful insights from them
- A passion for understanding customers and for driving great and innovative customer experiences
- Able to operate in English and Italian (most internal communications in English)
- Experience of cross-functional cooperation. Comfortable working in close partnership with other local/regional leaders to align and deliver our strategy
- Comfortable operating in a lean & fast paced matrix organization, able to navigate through ambiguity
- Targeted and focused approach to work; understands targets and takes practical approach to achieve them in timely manner
Bachelor’s degree required
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement