eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world!
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of!About the Team
This newly created role is responsible for partnering with the Head of Business Development in establishing & growing relationships with service providers to unlock new seller acquisition at scale & broaden service capabilities for newly onboarded sellers. This role will also drive new seller acquisition within the Electronics & Media category.Key interfaces include
- Merchant Integration Solutions
- Global customer experience
- Global partnerships team
- Category Leads
- Horizontal Trading
- Risk & Trust
- Take joint responsibility for the vertical’s acquisition strategy, targeting, acquiring and scaling newly onboarded brands and sellers to ensure they are utilising the platform and are ready to trade
- Developing and innovating the operating model to keep pace with the evolving ecommerce market
- Building the team’s execution and operational capability through driving procedural change and business performance
- Develop and expand partnerships with marketplace agencies / service providers who have limited presence on eBay UK today
- Deliver iGM in Media & Electronics – partnering with the team to hit financial and seller onboarding targets
- Collaborate with the trading team, identifying targets and a network of contacts for both the short and long term acquisition of businesses new to eBay
- Drive a significant sales pipeline through providing a constant stream of new inventory across new brands & sellers for the ‘Trading’ function to leverage in our regular promotional cycles
- Work closely with partners, sellers and brands, providing support with sales pitches as well as troubleshooting any technical and operational issues which may arise in the onboarding process
- Design and build new processes to track the sales pipelines of the partners and their performance
- Establishment of a broader partner network to support the E2E acquisition pipeline
- Deliver return on investment on commercial agreements with associated partners
- Target list to fix inventory gaps and broaden brand coverage
- Revenue, customer and operationally led focus
- GMV target for new brands, sellers and inventory with the Electronics & Media vertical
We would love to hear from you if you have experience of successful sales, account management or business development roles within online retail environment including the management and coaching of others (directly or indirectly).
With a customer first approach, you will have the ability to apply negotiation skills with external businesses to build and maintain mutually beneficial commercial relations. With standout communication skills, an understanding of brand, seller & partner needs you are able to understand the challenges and opportunities for growth.
The ability to make decisions that build general consensus amongst groups/individuals with different objectives will come naturally plus being able to leverage customer and performance data to rationalise choices and drive positive results for the overall business.Benefits
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.